problem in libURL...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 29 15:07:45 EST 2005

Andre Garzia wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2005, at 5:20 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> LibURL is now engine-version-specific -- are you running with a
>> compatible engine version?
>>

> Oh Hell!!!! :D
>
> Thanks for the tip Richard, can you point me to the download url for
> libURL? I checked on runrev site and found no download link under
> Support & Resources -> libURL

I agree it needs to be there, and have cc'd the webmaster here to bring
it to his attention.

I don't have the URL to the libURL docs handy, but the version
dependency is the latest version of libURL requires Rev v2.5 or later.
The dependency occured because of support for Rev 2.5's new security
options.

Oddly, though, I have seen come cases where libURL will work with older
versions, so there are clearly a lot of things about this version
dependency that I don't understand.  Perhaps David Cragg can chime in
here to fill in the blanks....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation