Offset with 'charstoskip' doesn't work? [was RunRev vsRealBasic (Richard Gaskin)]

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jan 21 13:18:47 EST 2005

Michael D Mays wrote:

> But what is the advantage of returning the offset from the last offset
> rather than the offset from beginning?

Don't know; I'd agree there are probably more cases where an "overall"
answer would be more convenient, but I don't see that it makes any great
difference. I can't think of any significant case where the "relative"
result is easier to use.

> I think I do need to insert
>   put zero into t
> after the first repeat and before the second repeat.

Or just move the existing
   put zero into t
from before the first repeat to immediately after it (before the second
repeat)

-- Alex.