MIDI volume control

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Wed Jan 12 16:04:38 EST 2005

> playLoudness manages relative audioClip volume, but has anyone figured
> out  a
> generic shell command to set the volume for MIDI playback (SW Synth in
> the
> 'volume control' control panel) or is the command device-dependent?
>
> Purpose:
> To superimpose wav speech over midi music and control relative
> volumes.

Perhaps you are not using Quicktime?  Otherwise it would be easy to, as
you say, manage the relative [player] volume.  Also, I take it you have
existing MIDI sequences which you would like to use, and are not
creating your own sequences for this project, since MIDI note-event
volumes can range from 0-127.

Kurt