RunRev vs RealBasic

Michael D Mays michael.rr at mdmays.com
Mon Jan 3 10:49:00 EST 2005

There was CompileIt! for Hypercard which allowed you to compile your
scripts. But the increase in performance wasn't obtained simply by
compiling your script. In general an uncompiled HyperTalk script ran
the same as the compiled script. In fact they could be slower. In some
instances you could see about a thousand times increase in performance.
But you weren't simply compiling a HyperTalk .

In general if you compared fast CompileIt! scripts to MetaTalk scripts
on Mac OS 9 you could see a speed increase but only on the order of one
not three orders of magnitude.

What is running so slow in Revolution?

Michael