use-revolution Digest, Vol 17, Issue 72

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 23 05:47:12 EST 2005

Hi Byron,

Le 23 févr. 05, à 11:07, Byron Turner <byront at mac.com> a écrit :

> I've been experimenting drag and drop images (eric chatonet's wonderful
> demo).  When I drag an image in, clips a portion of any window that's
> open over the image area or a portion of the Rev window where the image
> resides.  These bits are added to the image as if they were always a
> unit.  I saw nothing in this regards at bugzilla so does anyone know if
> its even possible to have an error like this in the script?

The method used in this stack to create optimized images uses export
snapshot command... that exports a snapshot of the screen from the rect
of an image.
Other windows may overlap the image and then appear on the snapshot :-(
That's a correct behaviour: see export snapshot command in the docs.
Sure you can watch easily for other rev windows overlapping the image
and smoothly move them first.
For desktop and other apps windows, I think using shell commands would
be doable to mask them first and show them again when the process is
finished but I don't know which ones.
I'm sure there are revers on this list who will tell us the trick :-)

Bets regards,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Pour les institutionnels, les entreprises et les associations
Des logiciels sur mesure : gestion, multimédia, internet, etc.
Windows, Mac OS et Linux... Avec la "french touch"

Web site		http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Email		eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com/
Phone		33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile		33 (0)6 20 74 50 86