OT: Help with motivation

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Tue Feb 22 18:12:27 EST 2005

At 22:56 22/02/2005, you wrote:

>Hello listers,

 >I hope this is not too far off topic.

 >I have been having problems getting myself motivated. I have a possible
customer for a few ideas I have and he said as soon as I'm >ready that he
will try and sell them for me. I even have a lot of ideas for this project.
But I can't seem to get started. I have been >sitting here for weeks
reading this list every day and opening up REV but still can't start.

Hi Tom.

OK what to do is go and have a couple of days off. Eat lots of good food
and visit some friends. Then have another couple of days off to recover
from friends. :-)

Then once you have your batteries recharged, make your overall plan. Then
get to work on it. :-)

When I wrote my PhD I made a point of writing at least one page per day.
Some days I would write 10 and others I would not feel like writing
anything, so I would put a picture into the thesis and that was it. 10
minutes. So have a rest then make a plan then stick to it (allowing little
"goodies" ON DULL DAYS)

All the best
Bob