Concise Variables

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Feb 6 19:22:44 EST 2005

>> I'm looking for a way to employ concise persistent variable names in a
>> script.

> You could do the global thing. You could also write an initialization
> routine, something like:
>
> on initLocals
>  put "whatever" into buttonPlay
>  -- etc.
> end initLocals
>
> Then you can call it whenever you update the script.
> although that gets a bit unwieldy.

Yeah, unwieldy is what I'm trying to avoid.  I've got a somewhat complicated
script that lays out custom stacks on-the-fly and need to reference absolute
paths of all the controls so the app can know where to find them.  Storing
the object references in "local global" variables will work perfectly for my
needs.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director