Ultra Beginner Question/Request

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Feb 5 00:31:28 EST 2005

> Well, that's at least a start. Hope you stick with Rev. It's
> a very powerful 4th generation programming environment, but
> with a steep learning curve.

> Chipp

I disagree about the learning curve!

C and C++ have a much higher learning curve !

If C++ is a red to black ski run (medium incline)

Runrev is green with some nice medium jumps...

And in addition you can add some wild difficulties with c externals!

It's important to know the hierarchy of events and objects in Rev...

This opens up all the possibilities...

What is awesome is the program right in the control what you want.

What is best is the sharing of scripts between a stack, a card, a background
full of cards or a group full of controls in a card among many in a stack...

This is the object orientedness of RunRev. This allows for exceptions
handling
at the object or parent level.

And this last concept is mastered using the object events or messages.

Last but not least, know the difference between put and set... This
helps a lot with the xtalk syntax after...

I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us do!

cheers
Xavier