New Externals...

Gordon Webster gwalias-rev at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 14:49:49 EST 2005

Dear Frank

I know about Mono and the like, but I said "going to
be cross platform" in the sense of it being a mature
technology for all platforms.

I believe there are still some minor differences
between the Mono CLR and class libraries and the
"official" MS versions (mostly centered around the GUI
components I believe).

BTW: I think the MS team did a great job with C#,
which has a wonderfully clean, consistent and
uncluttered syntax. I have found that the only real
learning curve for C# (if you've programmed in Java or
C++) is in learning the new names of all the base
classes.

Best

Gordon