Blowing in the Wind

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Aug 16 17:07:22 EDT 2005

Greetings List:

For those of you who were unable to attend my presentation at RevConWest, I
showed some experiments with one of Rev's newest features: deep masks.  One
of the nice things about this feature is the ability of Rev to cache the
current window shape before switching to new shape.  This effectively allows
you to smoothly change shape of a window without it briefly disappearing or
flashing -- in essence creating an animated stack.

Today I came across a flag animation on the 'net and, just to see if it
would work, I tried applying the animation to the windowShape of a stack.
The result is a stack that whose shape and surface ripples as if blown in a
light breeze.

Execute the following in your message box:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/breeze.rev"

This stack is about 600K so give it a minute to download (you should be able
to drag the stack around your desktop as well).  On my 667mHz laptop the
result is pretty nice; your mileage may vary...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design