altBrowser for Linux?

Bob Warren warren at howsoft.com
Tue Aug 16 15:29:10 EDT 2005

In a private communication to somebody yesterday I said that I thought that
RR always was, and always would be, fundamentally Macintosh, and that it had
been extended to Windows as a favour, and to Linux as a matter of
lip-service. But to be absolutely fair, when I installed the trail version
of Linux RR, I was very impressed. It was pretty, and the little things I
tried worked perfectly normally. Those of you who are familar with Linux
know that one of its weak points at the moment is the question of program
installation (though this is by no means applicable to all software). With
Rev, you just make your single standalone file (including pictures or even
the kitchen sink) and run it. I think that RR has great potential in Linux.
But I ain't gonna use it without my altBrowser, so there! I come originally
from VB6 where embedded tailorable browsers have been available for years,
and the majority of programs I have ever written (and will ever write)
depend on the use of an embedded browser. So as soon as RR decide to break
their deathly silence about the subject, the better.