Image Library question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 22 01:52:01 EDT 2005

Varen Swaab wrote:
> I'm working on an application which has about 25 .png files imported via
> the image library. We recently discovered an aesthetic  problem with the
> images which required me to import new images into the stack's library.
>
> When I imported the new images I noticed some wrong images being used in
> the various button states even though I'm sure the images were being
> called correctly. I have several button states I'm working with,
> mouseEnter, mouseClick, etc.  In a seemingly random pattern some button
> images have been replaced by very old images I'd imported into, and
> deleted from the application weeks ago.

Sounds like an ID conflict.  If you set the ID property of imported
images to an arbitrarily high number (anywhere in the range between
10000 and 2000000000 should be fine) the problem should go away.

I beleieve there's a discussion of reserved ID ranges in the docs
somewhere, but IIRC all of them are well below 10000.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation