[ANN]ChatRev1.2

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Sat Sep 4 08:28:22 EDT 2004

Dear Revolution users,

Recently, Björnke von Gierke announced ChatRev 1.2. ChatRev
enables you to chat with other Revolution users. A new
alternative client, ChatRev 1.2M13, compatible with the ChatRev
protocol, is released now. Features include:

- styled text
- multiple lines
- clickable web links
- automatic linking to Bugzilla
- graphical smileys
- multiple clients on one computer/LAN
- multiple clients in Revolution if the stack version is used
- optional interpreting of HTML tags

The stack and standalone versions of ChatRev 1.2M13 can be
downloaded at <http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch/main.html>. From
there, follow the link to ChatRev.

QuickStart: If you open ChatRev for the first time, choose the
default url http://www.revolutionboard.de/bvg/ip.txt from the IP
URL menu. An IP number will appear in the IP menu. Enter 80 into
the Port field. Also, enter a user name and a password and click
on the Connect button. You will be asked to register. Fill out
the form and click on Okay. Then click on Connect again.

Björn's client is also available, at
<http://homepage.mac.com/bvg/chatrev1.2.rev> and the server can
be downloaded from
<http://homepage.mac.com/bvg/chatrevserver1.2.rev>. It is
recommended to use the default server, though.

I will release an update shortly, if I receive enough bug
reports and feature requests.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

--