Ann: what's up?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Nov 11 18:02:29 EST 2004

What's up everyone? Getting ready for Malta?

Well, here in Luxembourg we got the snow and while car control is in my
veins, Rev controls editing isn't! Not that the IDE isn't editing friendly
but some bad habits die hard, like the MetaCard ControlsBrowser!

So here's is the silver release of Codename Codeswar Buglactica - the
impossible stack to release. Not to scare you. I've not seen one bug in any
test lately. I believe you will find this one of my best stacks too!

What does it do? It provides complete browsing and editing for any control
in any card in any background in any stack! Editing of content, script,
props, custom props (and more to come...).

The new ControlsBrowser for RunRev* is up! It's hot 'n' rocking yer stacks'
controls!

http://monsieurx.com/hyper/screeshots/controlsbrowser.gif
Should give you an idea...

The story will be added later when I can finally relax this weekend!

Download info is here:
<http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&li
d=69>

The stack now autoloaded at prestackopen as a palette plugin and refreshes
your selections automatically, it's just as easy to deactivate via the
options menu (in case you want to use it passively). It gives you a good
view of all your controls, you can find them easily via a filter and you can
edit anything anywhere in any stack all in one palette!

Compared to last release...

All one dimentional custom properties (and CP sets) now working fine and
dandy. This is a main feature and was not working before - so now, you can
use the ControlsBrowser (CB) as a property editor like the
revPropertyPalette (RPP). But where RPP lacks features to change a button
into a menu for example, CB has them all and where the content/scripts are
separate in the RPP, CB has them all in one. I find both stacks to be
complementary though and if you double click on an item in the control's
list, you'll get that control ready for editing in the revPropertyPalette
like in the old MC days! The props and custom props will get a better data
viewer/editor soon**. There will be more buttons coming too! Any mods you
make are welcome!

This time the ControlsBrowser works as it should and should make Scott R. a
proud grand father/author ;)! The features list in this upgrade is rather
long and a source of definite power for all who use this stack! Otherwise,
believe me, I would have given up long ago finishing this stack given it's
nuclear murphy-type explosions of errors while in development - helped me
find over 20 bugs!!!

Now it's time to bring the help text up to date before the final release in
a nice web page! I've tried to check everything to make sure there are no
errors but given the possibilities of this stack... There's room for some
errors which I would be quite interested to hear about.

There's obvious and non-obvious omissions, things in the works and ** things
that are going in for a Pro version with not just RR controls in mind...

* I can also furnish the old MetaCard ResizeStack script if someone wants to
port it.

I don't have any macosx or linux gear so if you have any visual problems,
send me a window-shot of the problem (gif or png indexed colors if
possible). Are my menus hilited normally for example? Is the controls margin
consistent like it seems on windows?

Cheers
Xavier
--