Disabling popup menu items

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Wed Jun 30 00:43:02 EDT 2004

On Jun 30, 2004, at 12:23 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> In what cases is it necessary to have a separator in an option button?

Like to keep some distance between "Archive File" and "Delete File" as
an example.

The option buttons in my app set segments of the GUI into various
"modes." The modes can be pretty different, but have "groups of
similarity." Dividing the button's menu up to represent these groups
makes the menu system much more intuitive.

> Perhaps on this one the Windows HIG has it right?

LOL. Good one.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.