adding button with function to exe.

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Tue Jun 29 05:17:44 EDT 2004

At 21:01 28/06/2004, you wrote:
>At 9:52 AM +0100 6/28/2004, Bob Hartley wrote:
>>So I want to create a .exe file that has a toolbar with a "T" box. This
>>inserts text boxes into a blank background that can be resized and
>>another that inserts a button (with a drop down list of predefined
>>commands) and another that will insert a label.
>
>Yes, you can do this from your .exe.

Hi Jeanne

Thanks for that. I now know that I can proceed with this in revolution.

>The caveat is that the lab book itself will need to be saved in a separate
>data file, rather than compiled into the .exe (because executable apps
>can't save changes to themselves).

I know I am being a bit thick here but I hope I have this correct. Would I
create an exe that had a blank canvas (see top image in
http://www.gla.ac.uk/~rh82p/ide.jpg) with buttons to create fields.

This could not alter the "IDE.exe" but could save the added fields like a
template file. Then the user could enter data into the template file and
save the data as a text fiel or xml etc etc etc. Am I correct?

Thanks for the help, not used runrev for a long time.,

Bob