No subject

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Fri Jun 18 13:38:00 EDT 2004

dear xtalk afficionados,

2 related problems:

Imagine 2 RR stacks called ?A? and ?B? respectively.

There is a button on stack ?A? that contains the following
command:

on mouseDown
  send "menuPick Import As Control|Image File..." to button
"File" of stack "revMenubar"
    set the name of img 1 to "XX"
   copy img "XX" to card 1 of stack ?B?
    delete img "XX"
end mouseDown

What this command is meant to do is to allow the user to
import an image into stack ?B? by clicking on the button on
stack ?A?......

1.	It works in Mac OS X .... but does not seem to in
 Windows 98

2.	Any idea of a ?quick and dirty? way to do this without
sending a menuPick command (i.e. so the stack will function
equally well under Metacard as under RR)......?

	Richard Gaskin has been extremely kind in pointing me to
his Handy Handlers at the revJournal site...but I am a bit
of a lazy slob and am sure there is a quicker and simpler
way round this problem.

would be extremely grateful........

richmond mathewson
See Mathewson's software at: