Scrollbar question

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Jun 18 13:18:54 EDT 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 9:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:27:29 -0400
> From: Howard Bornstein <bornstein at designeq.com>
> Subject: Re: Scrollbar question
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> On Jun 18, 2004, at 3:05 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:
>
>> The docs say that scrollbarDrag is "Sent to a field, scrollbar or
>> group..."  -- have you tried to capture the message in the scrollbar
>> itself, before it gets to the field?
>
> This is the problem. Scrollbars are objects and if you make an explicit
> one, you can do this. But fields and groups have scrollbars "built-in",
> and AFAIK, you can't address them separately. For example, there's no
> way to set the style of a scrollbar on a group (anyone know of a way?).
>
> Fortunately, Ken Ray gave me the tip I needed to separate the input
> from the horizontal and vertical scrollbars in my group (hscroll and
> vscroll).
Me too. This is essentially correct. Scrollbar commands are designed to
work with scrollbars assigned to groups, etc.

I have some demos. If you'd like to see them, they're kinda rough, one
is an unfinished project (which is why I didn't post them to the RR
site), but get the point across, let me know offlist and I'll send
them.

Ken N.
<pixelbird at interisland.net>