Problems with standalones mac/windows

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 16 09:03:27 EST 2004

Yes, I was strictly keeping Andrews problem in mind. I agree with
everything you said and I was aware off what typically happens when a
mime type is missing.
Since he was using an earthlink email address and was only sharing
among friends I suggested the easiest approach - "Simply download the
file to disk" and I have yet had any problems with users downloading
the  .sit or .zip or .gzip or .hqx files.

I tried uploading an .htaccess file to comcast/ISP and was unsuccessful
in setting it up. I was trying to put some password protection on my
site. I'm fairly new to apache but comcast is difficult to deal with.
I'm sure if I was running my own server it would be a logical and easy
fix but dealing with outside ISP servers is a real pain sometimes.

Thanks

Tom