Porting Postscript code to TRANSCRIPT

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 00:54:37 EST 2004

on Sat, 17 Jan 2004
Dar Scott wrote:

> > I found this online (note 8MB):
> > PostScript language references
> > Red Book , Adobe's Postscript Language Reference
> > Manual 912 pages, 7.6MB, from

[snip]

Thanks for the explanations and the links to
books on Postscript.
To really understand all this, I'll need a
Postscript interpreter. Right?

Is ghostscript the only free alternative to
run Postscript code in Windows?

> I'm glad I noticed it; my red book is a couple
> decades old.

Don Lancaster uses postscript for almost
everything.
How did you used this language? For Graphics?
Electronics? Scientific Computing?

on Sat, 17 Jan 2004
Mark Wieder wrote:

> Well, this is based on forth, not postscript, but:
[snip]

Great explanation, Thanks!!!

> So the line
> /finderrdist {ytt sub exch xtt sub dup mul exch dup
> mul add sqrt} def
> creates a handler called "finderrdist" that returns
> the square root of (x squared + y squared),
[snip]

I need to study this conversion.
There is more in Postscript than reads the eye!!!

I do not think that i'll become a Postscript
programmer, but at least i'm going to learn enough
to complete this task. :-)

Thanks again Mark and Dar for your guiding help!!!

al

=====
Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/