iMovie vs Final Cut Pro

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 20:22:29 EST 2004

I'd second Jeff's comments.  I bought FCP and used it for a while until
iMovie 2 (or was it 3?) came out.  Can't remember which feature(s) was
missing in the original iMovie that made me feel I needed FCP but that
was fixed in a later version of iMovie.   With recent revisions of
iMovie, there's very little I need for my very simple video editing
that can't be done in iMovie.

The main problem with FCP is that it is SO full-featured and complex
that if you don't use it for a while you're almost starting back at
square one relearning it.

Marian