[OT] new Mac software: GarageBand and iLife'04

michael at ortv.com michael at ortv.com
Fri Jan 9 01:52:17 EST 2004

Just a note on the Band in a box for Mac

http://www.pgmusic.com/biabmacdemo.htm

In the system requirements they say that version 11 for Mac is supposed to be able to run under OSX but with timing issues caused by QuickTime. (odd) So they recommend OS9. I'm not sure how long this version 11 has been available though. And isn't it true that newer Macs can't install OS9 even as a second startup disk?

I use Logic (Mac) and Acid (PC) but it would be awesome to use GarageBand as it beefs up. Looks promising. Band in a Box is quite cool. I've had many opportunities to play around with the PC version.

Michael