Serious applications

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 03:03:46 EST 2004

--- Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:
> Hi Again, Jose.
>
> In case you missed the announcement, let me point
> out that you have
> an opportunity to discuss all facets of the Rev<>SQL
> options
> face-to-face with Jan Schenkel, one of the leading
> authorities in
> this area, by attending the upcoming European Rev
> Conference in
> Malta.  Check recent List archives, or contact
> <sims at ezpzapps.com>
> for details.
>
> Wish I could go!   :{(
>
> Rob Cozens

Thanks for the compliment, Rob -- well, what can I say
after such an introduction ?

First, that as someone who makes accounting and order
processing apps for a living, I had better know
something about databases ?  ;-)

Even though that doesn't automatically make me an
expert in all things database, I am going to give
attendees to the European Revolution Conference a
solid overview of what our favourite development
platform has to offer for people seeking to build
'serious' applications.

Here's the shortlist of topics I'll handle under the
title "Building Business Applications with Rev" :
 * Database controls
 * Master detail forms
 * Reports and Labels
 * Integrating internet data into your business apps
   + Static web pages
   + CGI Scripts with Rev
   + Web Services - SOAP calls

In short, you will receive an introduction to using
Revolution as your main development platform in a
3-tier application model.

For more information on the European Revolution
Conference, read the original announcement here :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-February/032266.html>
or contact the organiser directly :
<rev at techietours.com>

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Jan Schenkel
--
PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE nv
Software + Services = Solutions.