Serious applications

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Feb 25 11:04:24 EST 2004

>has been testing Revolution for a couple of hours and looks a little bit
>inmature

Jose, et al:

It occurs to me that my initial take was to associate "immature" with
"beginner-ish" & "amateurish", terms previously seen in this context.

However, "immature" can also mean "in a juvenile state of
development", and in that regard Revolution IS immature.  There ARE
bugs & rough edges, and the Rev Dev interface lacks touches that can
only come over time...that's what the process of maturing is all
about.

So, yes, Jose: Runtime Revolution is just a three-year-old.  Just
extrapolate to when it's five.  And know also:

Under the hood is the MetaCard engine that's now a teenager

The xTalk syntax that drives it is also in its teens.

And the users of your applications never see the Rev Dev environment:
they see your xTalk scripts run by the MetaCard engine.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm