rev and languages

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Feb 18 13:38:27 EST 2004

Charles Silverman a *crit :

>     I think Rev's power is in letting people who aren't necessarily
> engineering types do things that are labor-instensive or difficult to
> do in other environments for anybody. Focusing on building support for
> other language approaches might weaken the revolution (sorry, couldn't
> resist) right now.

I must admit that I agree with the above.
IMHO, if one decides to modify Transcript to accomodate the dot
syntax because many coders are used to it, the next decision might
be to drop cross-platform compatibility because 85 to 90% of ppl
on this planet work in a Windows environment...

Yes, I'm a bit overreacting, but you see my point.

Jb