Transcript and/or ECMA - guess who started it?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 18 13:39:34 EST 2004

Ops wrote:

> the more Rev/Transcript is used, the more folks in that category
> will appreciate and embrace the virtues of current Transcript.

If implented as Tuviah proposed it may actually have the opposite,
beneficial effect:  by allowing the world's most popular scripting language
as a switchable option some folks might jump on board more quickly, and once
they have the tool in hand sooner or later they'll take a look at Transcript
and realize they've been working way too hard. :)

> If this discussion is designed to increase the Rev
> developer crowd by offering a syntax that is more prolific to the
> developer community, then I think that other methods would be much more
> wise to employ, such as fixing bugs and improving Rev PR in general...

Agreed: bug fixes are far more useful for evangelizing right now than new
features.  The current excellent feature set just won a Mac Eddy, now it's
time to make the experience of those features as smooth as silk.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation