Activate Rev.

Mark MacKenzie m.mackenzie at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 15 13:33:52 EST 2004

Yes you are correct I think.

Please see this URL for more information from the horse's mouth.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/scrptfaq.asp

There is a table on that page which details OS and what works or not.

There is even a promise  of future development of a script which will
query the host system for details on whether other scripts will run or not.

Windows installers such as SetUpFactory from Indigo Rose which I have
used a lot, will poll the windows system and allow separate, Boolean
logic driven installs of ancillary software.

However, another caveat when considering Windows or VB scripts for
activating Revolution is that on my system (XP with McCafee) the
antivirus software throws a suspicious script activity warning requiring
"training" by the user.  Not a good user/client confidence building
exercise!

So, I don't think the current scripting ideas do what was originally
wanted.  Looking at a direct comand line script may be better.

Regards Mark MacKenzie