menu woes...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Dec 29 14:56:49 EST 2004

Jacque-

JLG> I don't think it is really broken as such. Once I understood how it
JLG> works, menu behavior started to make sense. You just have to account for
JLG> the scrolling behavior on Macs and plan for it. I haven't noticed any
JLG> blank space on my Windows apps.

Well, this may be an issue of semantics. "Planning for it" means
leaving enough space at the top of a stack so that when it scrolls on
the Mac none of the data will be hidden. I like the substack idea,
though, and I may come back to revisit this some day. Nonetheless, I
agree with the comments that this should be easier. Menus are a basic
part of the OS and it shouldn't be this much work fiddling with things
to provide cross-platform functionality.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net