menu woes...

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 19:07:26 EST 2004

Jeanne,
     Many smart people have posted to this list with stack resizing problems
after adding menus to a stack used on OS X. The documentation does cover how
menus are supposed to work. About six months ago I showed you a group of stacks
on which I was having the resizing problem; we eventually worked around it by
setting the stack sized specifically in an openStack handler (putting the
same code in the preOpenStack did not work). This is not documented. There is no
recipe for calling menus from substacks or storing them as resources.
     Rev.'s ambitious attempt to accommodate cross-platform menus is
commendable but, if I may paraphrase Mark, menus are too fundamental to be so
difficult.
Paul Looney