menu woes...

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Dec 29 14:16:28 EST 2004

At 11:59 AM -0500 12/29/04, SimPLsol at aol.com wrote:
>      I suppose it is fine that Rev. Gurus, with years of experience, can
>wrestle the menus to submission - especially is they know
>undocumented features.
>But, admit it, they are a newbe nightmare. Better documentation would help
>(especially if it included a troubleshooting section addressing the many menu
>issues reported on this list).

"Why does the top of my stack window disappear when I add a menu
bar?" is a troubleshooting question that describes just this problem
and its solution. The scrolling behavior is also described fairly
extensively in "About menus and the menu bar". And, of course, the
editMenus property is listed in the dictionary.

None of what's been discussed is an "undocumented feature". The bug
that Jacque tracked down with the editMenus scroll being applied
multiple times is not documented, but bugs normally aren't.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com