Using Md5Digest on stacks loaded in memory

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Dec 26 06:40:27 EST 2004

On Dec 25, 2004, at 4:55 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Using Md5Digest on stacks loaded in memory
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> Hi Dar,
>
> Thanks a lot for answering this question.
>
> Dar Scott wrote:
>
>>> But, How could i get the md5Digest of a
>>> stack loaded in memory?
>
>> I don't know if you can relate a stack in
>> memory to an md5Digest created for a binary file.
>
> But, it's possible to get a md5digest of a custom
> property that only exist in memory, because
> the stack has not been saved to disk yet.
>
> So it could exist some way to get the md5digest
> from a stack that exist only in memory
> (and still has not been saved to disk).

Just a thought...I haven't tried it myself, but Is it possible that
setting the custom property to store the MD5 digest is altering the
stack so that the in-memory MD5 digest no longer matches the on-disk
value?

Have you tried getting the MD5 digest from the stack on disk, NOT
setting the MD5 digest property, then seeing what the MD5 digest
returns from the stack in memory?  If they match, then you know that
setting the MD5 digest property is disturbing the in-memory MD5 digest
calculation.  In that case you can probably 1) remove the MD5 digest
property from the stack, 2) calc the MD5 digest of the on disk version,
3) store the MD5 digest custom property, 4) open the stack in memory,
5) remove the MD5 digest custom property, and 5) calc the MD5 digest of
the in memory stack (minus the MD5 digest property).

Regards,
-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/