XML to XHTML via XSLT

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 15:45:31 EDT 2004

On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 11:12  AM, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
wrote:

> But, the more I think about using XSLT, the less I think we need it.
> I'll just use Rev XML functions to parse the content and write an
> xtTalk script to build the web pages... I've been doing this latter
> bit for 10 years, so I don't see any reason to jump through XSLT
> hoops...
>
> are the XML libraries bundled with the engine these days? i.e. can we
> talk to Rev XML libraries on a faceless server engine installed app
> with CGI?
>
> Sannyasin Sivakatirswami

Isn't Rev great. You can make a custom input interface with Rev that
far exceeds the industry standard XML editors that are out there.
Because it's customized to support your own website you can create your
own rule based system and not bother with building a DTD validation
system for your XML schema. That makes it even better for you to work
with fast to build custom designed approaches.

Now if you really want to jump off the deep end you can use my radical
approach to not well formed MTML ... :-) enough already...

Mark