XML to XHTML via XSLT

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 17 14:12:39 EDT 2004

Mark, you certainly hit the mark... we *do* need the XML on the input
side for the very reason you describe. My Rev app interface allows
non-tech types to input data and the app outputs the data in perfectly
formed XML... i.e. forcing it into an XML structure means no bad input
on the front end. (I can also pull this into InDesign with paragraph
styles which is an added bonus)

But, the more I think about using XSLT, the less I think we need it.
I'll just use Rev XML functions to parse the content and write an
xtTalk script to build the web pages... I've been doing this latter bit
for 10 years, so I don't see any reason to jump through XSLT hoops...

are the XML libraries bundled with the engine these days? i.e. can we
talk to Rev XML libraries on a faceless server engine installed app
with CGI?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery