Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 26 12:19:31 EDT 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

> I read somewhere that the Rev password mechanism uses an encryption
> scheme that only works with text. I wonder why? Anyways I guess that's
> why it skips custom properties but encrypts scripts.

I think the bigger reason is that a good scheme to prevent accessing custom
props in the IDE will also prevent them from being accessed at runtime by
your scripts.

An enhancement would address this:  there could be a mainstack property,
something like "devPassword", which would prevent stacks from being opened
in the IDE is set.  This should be done in the engine to prevent scripted
workarounds for access.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation