proper way to geo

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 16:16:01 EDT 2003

--- mark <cowhead at mac.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jan!
> It seems I am always thanking Jan on this list :-)

You're welcome ; I love to help :-)

> Jan wrote:
> > Trust me, I used to add those lines as well. But
> in
> > the Inspector Palette for the card, you can also
> tick
> > the checkbox "Update before opening card"
>
> Is there a benefit from doing it this way and if so,
> is there an easy
> way to check that box with a script?  If not,
> writing 3 short lines in
> the stack script will be preferable then going
> through and checking the
> box for each card manually.

Hmm, the only benefit I could see, is future changes
to the geometry manager : presumably the checkbox
setting would still work but 'revUpdateGeometry' might
change names for some bizarre reason.
Not very likely, though -- unless a number of 'revXYZ'
calls are merged right into the engine.

Jan Schenkel.

=====