Pros and cons of where to store image data

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Sep 19 21:19:00 EDT 2003

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:01:00 -0600
> Subject: Re: Pros and cons of where to store image data
> From: Barry Levine <themacguy at macosx.com>

> your best advice to
> your customers is to stick with the "standard" QT movie (assuming you
> want to give them the info on how to change the movies displayed at
> particular points in your app by dropping new, properly-named movies
> into the 'data' folder).
----------
OK, so you're saying to stick with .mov files, which willl display movies
and/or play sounds saved in that format.

So, assuming the Windows user has some reasonable version of QT aboard,
could an installer be built to automatically put a new downloaded movie into
the proper folder?

This is an area I know relatively little about, especially with Windows/PC.

Actually, most Windows users have MS MediaPlayer aboard, don't they? What
files can I make that are compatible with MediaPlayer? Will Rev players use
MediaPlayer?

TIA,
Ken N.