Just need some advice

Thomas Cole Tom.Cole at asu.edu
Fri Sep 19 18:13:00 EDT 2003

I have a HyperCard Stack that I have converted to Revolution. I've found some places where the field size has to be adjusted to fit various platforms. Some text that looks fine on Windows will not have enough space in the 0S 9 or 8 for Mac, for example. OSX looks great. I can adjust these, of course, unless there is a preferred font or something that makes everything work out perfectly. I'm just doing Mac and Windows standalones.

I'm worried the standalones won't look and perform the same on the different platforms. I really don't know if Helvetica is a good font on all platforms, for example. I would really appreciate anyone's input or favorite "heads up" with regard to what I have to look out for before the standalones are distributed for sale. I'm trying to avoid having users tell the publisher, "Hey, on XP the printing doesn't work and you can't read the directions." or something like that.

 I will test the standalones on the different platforms, but this is my first project on Revolution. Any "Hey, look outs!" would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom