Bug submissions, Feature requests and Voting

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Fri Sep 19 13:06:00 EDT 2003

On Freitag, Sep 19, 2003, at 15:07 Europe/Vienna, Igor Couto wrote:

> Bug reporting systems should also be EASILY searchable (and Bugzilla
> isn't), and it should help novices file reports that are appropriate -
> ie, directed at the appropriate area, using the correct jargon, etc.
> If that doesn't happen, then information is misfiled, you get enormous
> amounts of duplicate or closely related bugs, and searching the
> database becomes increasingly ineffective.

Agree also to that...
F.e.: what happens if one bug is called different from 2,3,5,8 etc
reporters. Then you can check the db and you get the answer there is
not such a bug answer. But it is there maybe 2,3,5,8 time with a
different name. Here you need human intelligence. Thats another reason
why I proposed, that anybody from from the rev team should watch and
transfer report tho the bugzilla.

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539