Print with dialog?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Thu Sep 11 18:14:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 03:43  PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> --- Mark Swindell <mswindel at santacruz.k12.ca.us>
> wrote:
>> I'm having trouble making a card print correctly.
>> If I just use the print
>> card command, the margins are wrong.
>>
>> Using the following, I don't get the print dialog
>> that allows me to select
>> number of copies... it just spits out a single copy,
>> although the margins
>> are right.  (Actually it DID show the print dialog
>> twice out of about 10
>> attempts... huh?)
>>
>> on mouseup
>>   revShowPrintDialog false,true
>>   print card into 36,36,550,610
>> end mouseup
>>

>> I just want to be able to access the print dialog on
>> Mac OS, OSX and Windows
>> and print to the above rect.  What must I do?  Not
>> having luck with the docs
>> in this area.
>>
>> I'm doing this on OS9.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>>

> Hi Mark,
>
> The thing here is that 'revShowPrintDialog' only has
> an effect in conjunction with the 'revPrintField' and
> 'revPrintText' printing commands.
> In this case, I think you're looking for :
> - answer printer
> - open printing with dialog
>
> Hope this helped,
>
> Jan Schenkel

Thanks, Jan.  I tried what you suggested (I think):

on mouseup
	answer printer
	open printing with dialog
	print card into 36,36,550,610
end mouseup

The first time I got both dialogs:
paper size
# number of copies

But then, nothing printed.

Subsequent clicks of the same button got me dialog 1, paper size, then
no second dialog, and still nothing sent to printer.

I just don't get the printing deal with Rev.  It's got to be easier
than this.

Thanks
Mark