external resource under OS 9

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Wed Sep 10 16:00:01 EDT 2003

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I can't make this work.

I'm trying to make my stack connect to a Valentina database directly calling
the Valentina functions, not using the built-in Rev functions.  Everything
works great under Windows and OS X.  I've read that in order to make this
work under OS 9 you have to copy the resource fork of the external into the
resource fork of your stack.  Is this correct?  If so, I must still be
missing something because it doesn't work.  I'm using ResEdit to copy the
resources from the VXCMD_Classic_MC file to my stack, but I'm still getting
errors when I open my stack saying that the Valentina methods are not being
found.  Is there something else I need to do?

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris Sheffield
Software Development
Read Naturally
csheffield at readnaturally.com