Command Option

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 29 00:46:06 EST 2003

On 10/28/03 9:55 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:
>

>>It would be cool to be able to have hot keys, like in
>>all Adobe apps where if  you are not in the text tool then any key on
>>the key board becomes a hot tool key.
>

> Not hard to do with a frontScript.  In fact, you could put a functionkey
> handler in there to act as a toggle for the hot keys so you could alternate
> between layout and text entry tasks easily....

That's what I do. Here is part of my frontscript:

on tabKey
   if controlkey() = "down" then
     if the tool = "pointer tool"
     then choose browse tool
     else choose pointer tool
   else pass tabKey
end tabKey

This lets me control-tab to change tools. I never could get used to the
Cmd-9/0 thing because it requires the wrong hand.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com