How to use Rev with Media Player - anyone got a guide?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Oct 26 05:10:34 EST 2003

Hi Ken,

> Hi Klaus, Stephen, et al,
>
>> Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:27:44 +0200
>> From: Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>
>> Subject: Re: How to use Rev with Media Player - anyone got a guide?
>
>>> my wife is a teacher and they simply use their
>>> machines as the come and never add things like QT to them.
>>
>> Sad, but true...
> ----------
> Windows comes with Media Player.
>
> If you have QT aboard, you should be able to write sound files in Rev
> that
> will play in WMP.
>
> I've done that on my Mac, i.e., created sound files with Rev using QT,
> then
> played them back in MediaPlayer (for Mac).

I'm not sure (no PIMP ehm WIMP on my mac ;-) but i guess that MP for
mac uses the same
codecs as QT on the mac (besides its own ones ), therefore you can
playback these
sounds on the mac...

RR on the mac only suports QT as the multimedia-engine, so i think they
are probably QT codecs,
that will not play on win in the WMP...

QT shares its resources etc..., read MP Mac can use them, but WMP does
NOT share its codecs...
Means QT cannot play WMA files on the mac like the MP can... WMP is a
bit selfish... ;-)

> I assume they should also play
> back on WMP in Windows on a PC.

I doubt ;-)