Nature and speed of numeric constants (was cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Oct 25 17:24:19 EDT 2003

>The button script below indicates that an unquoted numeral value for
>a constant is basically the same as a quoted numeral.

Which is basically a result of XTalk's aversion to variable typing, sez I.

Does this mean both Jacque and I were wrong in our assessments, Dar?

Looking back on all the time I spent drafting [but then reusing via
include] record/variable declarations in FORTRAN & PL/1, perhaps it
wasn't such a price to pay to get total control of variable typing
and direct access to system calls.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company