Do Proxies Interfere With Sockets? [RevNet?]

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Oct 4 01:26:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 05:27 PM, David Kwinter wrote:

> Geez, I really hope there's a way to make sockets work. I'd hate to
> redo
> everything using HTTP and a webserver to sidestep the proxies &
> firewalls.

Here is an approach.

Have a few lines in the doc describe exactly what is needed.  Something
like this:

    TCP outgoing
    Port: 4401
    IP Addresses: all
    Protocol:  Proprietary Database Access

If you can narrow it down to a small range of IP address or even one,
that is better.

The user can take that to the keeper of the firewall.

Dar Scott