Decompress cross platform

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Oct 3 15:25:00 EDT 2003

At 2:14 PM -0500 10/3/2003, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>The data decompresses fine on whatever platform did the compression.
>But when the data is compressed on Windows, it won't decompress when
>the stack is copied to a Mac. When the data is compressed on a Mac,
>it won't decompress when the stack is copied to Windows. I suspect
>this may have something to do with line endings, but maybe not. In
>any case, I get an error saying the data is not compressed data.

I haven't checked this, but I'll bet it's because of the automatic
character set conversion between Mac and Windows/Unix. So the fix
would be to either store the thing in a custom property (which
doesn't have this conversion done) or to run it through MacToISO or
ISOToMac, as appropriate, before decompressing it.
--
Jeanne DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools