character sets- missing feature?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Oct 1 13:02:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 12:04 AM, Alex Rice wrote:

> In Revolution how can I display text with foreign character sets? Not
> Unicode. For example this text file is ISO-8859-2 (Central European
> ISO Latin 2)

I suspect the mapping to unicode is straight-forward.  You might be
able to do this yourself.  One of my references suggested that for many
encodings all you have to do is change the high byte.  I am pretty sure
this is an oversimplification, but it does indicate that it may not
require a table for random mapping.

Dar Scott
unicode newbie