Saving Preferences

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Oct 1 01:50:00 EDT 2003

Back again,

Something I don't quite understand:

1) Suppose you have a Splash that contains the engine and initializes Prefs
from a data stack (which I'll call a Prefs stack from now on).

Now, when you originally create this in the Rev IDE, the Main stack would
actually be the Splash, and the substacks will actually become Rev files at
distr build time. Is this correct?

2) I'll then have a substack which I'll call the UI stack, which is a Rev
file after the distr build. To the user, this thing would look like the main
stack because it has all the buttons, graphics, fields, menus, palettes,
etc. Is this OK so far?

3) I'll also have a PrefDialog substack which will read data from the Prefs
stack, which won't be saved in itself, but can operate on it while open,
change data as appropriate, then write directly back to the Prefs stack,
replacing data (save) there. Is this correct?

4) If all the above is true, then it looks like the Prefs dialog should be
another substack opened by the UI stack, correct?

TIA,
Ken N.