Drag-And-Drop Image Fun

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Wed May 28 07:41:00 EDT 2003

Dear Yves,

Thank you for your suggestions:

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 09:39  PM, yves COPPE wrote:

> Klaus major has posted a stack in the user-contributions with some of
> samples with drag and drop.

Yes, indeed. I had a look at his stack, however it only shows how to
script RECEIVING a dragged image (from the Finder or another
application) into your stack. It does not have an example of how to
GENERATE a dragged image object (ie, letting you START the dragging
INSIDE Revolution, and drag the image to the Finder). I tried looking
through the documentation about how to do this, but it is very sketchy.
Even though I've tried scripting it in different ways, I haven't
managed to to make it work. I just don't know exactly what property of
the 'image' object I should be putting inside dragData["image"].
Everything I've tried, has failed - so there must be a trick somewhere
that I'm missing...

> You may also have a look at the website of chipp walters at
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/default.htm
>
> you can see at the dowload page : altThumbviewer stack

Altuit's web site is absolutely EXCELLENT - what great design!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a stack there that has examples of how
to enable the user to start dragging an image inside the stack, either.

If anyone has managed to generate a dragged image, PLEASE let us know
about it!!!

Many thanks,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto