dumping (exporting?) the scripts to text files

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Wed Jul 30 03:54:01 EDT 2003

Hi Joel,

>Hunted around in the on-line docs and I found various kinds of import
>and export and information on saving text, fields content, etc. to files,
>but I didn't find anything about saving the script itself to a text file.

Here is a starter: Actually the stack only analyzes itself.

You need a stack, one button, one field.

Button script:

on mouseUp
  answer Folder "where shall I put the text?"
  set the defaultfolder to it
repeat with i=1 to the number of cards of this stack
  create folder( "card"&i)
  repeat with z=1 to the number of controls of cd i
    put empty into fld "Ausgabe"
    put the long name of control z&cr&the script of control z after fld
"ausgabe"
    put "file:"&the defaultfolder&"/card"&i&"/con"&z into saveTo
    put fld ausgabe into url saveTo
   -- put saveTo
  end repeat
end repeat
end mouseUp

This could easiely be turned into a plug in that lets you select the stack
first.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Malte