Controlling animated GIFs

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Jul 27 16:43:00 EDT 2003

Hi Graham,

> I see from the TD that one can start, stop and loop an animated GIF
> and also make it loop back and forth (palindrome style). It seems odd
> that one can do the palindrome trick but can't just ask the GIF to play
> backwards - is there a way of doing this that I've missed?

Not per se...

You will have to display frames in reverse order manually...

> Also, I'm having to make several copies of one animation at different
> frame rates so as to get an apparent variation in speed from the user's
> point of view. Again, is there any way of altering the GIF frame rate
> from
> within RunRev? Just thought I'd ask.

No, looks like the frame rate is fixed (in the fileformat)...

Again you will have to do this manually...

Accidentally there is a small stack on the contributor site of RR ;-)

Look for "The taming of the animated gif" down the page...

Maybe you already did :-)

> Graham

Hope that helps...

Regards